Sunday, April 26, 2009

I found a snail on my croton plant?

All of a sudden a month after getting my croton plant I was watering it and found a snail on it!!!





How do I know if it's alive? Where the heck are croton plants imported from? I live in MN, it's cold... where did it come from and it must have stayed stuck on the plant the whole ride from wherever it was brought from?





Today someone told me it's going to suck all the juice out of my plant... is that true? I don't want to kill it!!





Can I keep it as a pet?! Lol... I don't know WHAT it would eat...

I found a snail on my croton plant?
Yes snails will eat plants, just like slugs eatting hosta's. Another nasty little thing about them is that they are asexual, so it only takes one of them to do the tango and make more snails. I would get rid of it, you don't want them in your house if you have plants.


I would imagine if you wanted to keep it, you would need to keep it in a enclosed space and you could probably feed it lettuce or spinich leaves.
Reply:It may have hatched out of the soil. Gently place it outside where it can live happily ever after.


(Crotons are tropical plants and imported here from much farther south.)





The Muse


No comments:

Post a Comment