Saturday, November 14, 2009

Need houseplant advice?

My houseplant is a Croton. I think I over fed it with Miracle Gro plant food and it is looking in really bad condition. I repotted it in new peat to take the plant out of the contaminated peat it was in.


but my wife thinks the Croton is already dead. I am not sure as though the leaves are limp downwards than they should be they are still green and have not gone brown. I trimmed off the top part off the plant to maybe help.





Is it really dead or am I having false hope it is alive?





This is a photo of the plant http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc156...

Need houseplant advice?
If I see what I think I see in your photo, then hope is not lost. Are those tiny buds in the notches of the branches of the stem on the right? Regrowth begins almost immediately when a plant has been through something that causes leaves to fall. The plant needs leaves for photosynthesis and regrowth is the most immediate priority and a real sign of recovery.





In any event, you did exactly what you needed to do in order to attempt to rescue the plant.





I won't offer any advice about using care in future with fertilizers. I suspect you learned that all by yourself. :)
Reply:give it some time...wait a week and see how it looks...


No comments:

Post a Comment