Saturday, November 14, 2009

Am I doing this right?

I'm trying to get a free mamey croton. What I mean is I recently found out that you can break a stem off a already mature croton, plant it and it will re-birth a totally new plant. I think that's frikin awesome, so I went to lowes, bought a little pot, and some miracle grow potting mix. My apartment has TONES of crotons (duh, they are nice looking hardy plants) so I broke off a little branch and planted it...the thing is I'm just worried I did it wrong or it wont last...





It's kind of loose in the soil, and it leans because of the more blooms on one side...but will it work? It;'s night time that's why it's under a lamp. Another thing I'm wondering is this croton branch I took was outside...but I'm trying to make it an indoor plant is it going to be hard to condition it to be an indoor plant?

Am I doing this right?
You can root crotons easily. Look up Croton Mania web-site. It has really good information on cuttings. I found the best results were when I removed all the leaves. The cutting soon made new leaves. Hormone rooting powder helps too. You should have no trouble with growing them indoor as long as they get good natural light. Good Luck.


P.S. Takes about four weeks to root, plant several together for better impact.

purchase flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment